Friday 10 May 2013

Husband gets new iPhone & gets to hoard all of the things

I hate stuff.

I really do I just hate having a lot of stuff.



The reason being is that I grew-up in a tiny shoebox of a room with parents who hated to throw anything out. The older I got the more I decided to rid myself of things that were of no use to me. I don't care if they are brand new, I don't care if they're a gift, I don't care if there's a possibility that I might use it sometime in the distant future. I try to keep my home as uncluttered as possible so that I have more room to live & less space taken up by objects.


I'd also much rather have experiences than stuff. I'd rather go wind-gliding than get a fancy pair of jeans. I'd take a spa day over shopping spree. And I'd rather live & breath a moment rather than take pictures of it to reflect on later. I think my only exception to this would be buying things that don't instantly use value as soon as you walk out the door. Things that I can put in my house to build equity, like new appliances or light fixtures.


Mr. Ford is not as smart as me and sometimes... (don't tell him this) but sometimes I can't blame him. He also grew up in a house jam packed with stuff. Lots & lots of... just everything!

But Mr. Ford makes me see red because in his head, he has this notion that he does not keep a lot of things.

He does.


Mr. Ford keeps programs from hockey tournaments he's played in & hasn't looked at in the 4 years I've known him. He keeps hockey cards, stuffed toys (until I dispatch the dog to eat them) shoes & clothes (the man has twice as much clothing as I do).
Through all of this, Mr. Ford has this notion that he is not a hoarder. As we renovate our house, he is drawn to modern designs. Flat, edgy, stark minimalist designs & all I can do is try to convince him that these stark high contrast designs are not meant for the lifestyle we lead. A picture like this would not look half as good if these surfaces were covered with books, cat hair, clothes & gadgets. It doesn't work that way.


The way I feel is that we should create a home with a warm, classic, comforting feel to it if we are going to continue to have awards & photos to display, flowers, nic-knacks & god forbid...children.


Stark, modern spaces are for single people.


In any case what annoys me the most with Mr, Ford's inability to let go of things in his phone & computer. The guy refuses to delete a single picture or a song. Even if the picture of him testing out a camera lens & the song is by Creed. Then he plays dumb when the phone & computer slow to a crawl.

Anywho Mr. Captain of keeping up with the Jones's (but getting better) had a Blackberry Torch that was running slow. All it needed was a new battery but he was insistent that he get a new phone & thus it fell upon me, the corporate plan holder, to supply him with one.

So after being on the phone with Rogers for almost TWO HOURS getting transferred, hit-on (what if I was 900 pounds), put on hold & talked-over,


I could either upgrade him to a  64GB iPhone for $179.00 or a 16GB iPhone for $79.99.

I'll take this opportunity to inform everyone that I have an 8GB that I got FOR FREE! Take a guess at what Mr. Ford wanted... Take a guess at how grumpy he became when I told him what I wanted to get him.

I know! I know you're probably bashing your head in to your keyboard in outrage thinking WHY OH WHY WOULD HE BELIEVE HE IS SO ENTITLED!?

I know you're probably saying aloud right now A) Why should he have to have something bigger & better than his darling cupcake wife? And B) Why would he need all that space to fill up with random pictures of signs that he things are funny & just upload to Facebook anyway?

Calm yourselves, I only got him the 16 Gig (which is still twice as much as mine). Grumpy pants gets a Brand new cell phone with twice as much memory as his wife's... Woah is him.He's so woah.

If any of you have any ideas for Mr. Grumpy pants as to how he is going to make up that $80.00 from our monthly budget please let me know. As it stands he'll have to give up protein powder & the gym, clothes & toiletries, tile the bathroom himself or find a method of procurring free heat for the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment