Wednesday 6 March 2013

Blog your desk?

I'm rather desperate for some material right now & still trying to figure out what makes a successful blog (why you no comment :( !!!).
I've decided to show you whats at my desk at you-know-where (but you can't know what because my boss made me sign a paper vow of silence) workplace.

Here is your basic desk staples of framed pictures that you can look at to remind yourself that the money you make in this god-awful place will ultimately go towards your happiness & the things you love. The pictures are of Mr. Ford & I parasailing in Hawaii, Mr. Ford, MaryAnne & I white-water rafting in Thailand & my new friend Mr. Elephant in Thailand (I fed him bananas). I hope MaryAnne will see this as well as she likes to tell me that I don't have any pictures of her & in turn don't love her.

Another picture with no fancy frame because I am cheap & not crafty. Also recycling a poppy to use as a pin so I don't have to buy any. This is a photo of the day Mr. Ford had the pleasure & privilege of marrying me. My co-workers tell me that we both look creepy.

Souvenirs that I neglected to find homes for from the Japan/Thailand trip. A miso soup bowl along with honey roasted cashew nuts & wasabi peas. The items were a total of $2.80 & that, my friends is appealing to Rebecca's cheap-skatedness.

Some of the things that wind up at my desk are not erected by me. This is one of them.
I am obsessed with llamas & have informed Mr. Ford that we will raise llamas when we get old & retire. We'll have a petting zoo, a llama wool store, have llama races, sell llama eggs etc. Co-worker overheard this & printed this out to mock me.



Here is another piece of work. I don't know if these are the artist's eyes or my eyes. Kind of spooky.


This is a note husband asked to be sent with an edible arrangement. He told me that he recited his poem to the reception lady & she laughed & laughed & laughed (he thinks he's really funny). All the ladies at work now think that Mr. Ford is a real knight in shining Armour, when in reality he farts & whines & has temper tantrums. Very ungentlemanly.


Here is some love from an awesome lady named Courtney. All true by the way.

I try to walk to work if at all possible as I get about as much exercise as a sloth climbing a small house plant. The walk is 25 minutes & therefor demands proper walking footwear. Usually said footwear isn't very sexy so these are back-up cork-soled slingbacks to wear for interviews, meetings & lookin goood'.





And finally, here is Mr. Skip. He is a llama-wool teddy made in Peru & purchased for me in St. Louis by my in-laws who I'm pretty sure hate me, but may also think my obsession with llamas is funny.
Mr. Skip is the softest thing you've ever felt in your life & is so white that I am paranoid of touching his snowy fur with my dirty coffee-fingers.

Do you have strange things on your desk? Show me yours!









No comments:

Post a Comment